Friday, January 07, 2005

intro

I work for a doctor. A large part of my job is making sure that he gets paid for the services he provides, and an enormous part of that involves interaction with medical insurance companies. I think I have become quite good at it. From the beginning, I was awestruck at how the system works.

Our country's healthcare system is highly flawed. Almost everyone seems to recognize this, at least to some degree. I don't think there can be any doubt that the flaw stems from the fact that the entire system revolves around money and not healthcare.

My particular perspective is from the office of an honest doctor. I know a little bit about some of the ways that doctors pervert the system, and I hope to learn a lot more. But for now, I will have to report on what I experience...which is the near perfect money machine known as the medical insurance company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home