Wednesday, March 02, 2005

the fight for every dollar, part 1

Here is the progression of events:

1)patient comes in with a specific complaint
2)doctor treats
3)insurance company sends us Explanation of Benefits explaining they don't cover treatment for that complaint
4)we send patient a bill
5)patient calls insurance company to find out why she has received a bill from us
6)insurance company calls me to find out why we sent bill to the patient and I explain that it was on account that her insurance plan did not cover her for the services she received

Now comes the 'what comes next' section. The rep from the insurance company said she would explain the situation to the patient. It probably won't be the exact explanation I would give. Then the patient will have to decide whether to pay us or complain some more, and if she chooses to complain some more, she will have to decide who to complain to.

I will follow up to let you know how this specific situation pans out. Until then, feel free to bet on it. I give 2:1 that her next move is to call me and complain.

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Kate said...

Is she going to call you to complain that the insurance company is evil and acting unfairly? Or is she going to call you and complain that you are wrong to want to be paid for the services you performed to keep her healthy? Has she calljet?

March 6, 2005 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Sally Tomato said...

I love this, i'm getting educated with humor.

I hope you don't mind that i've fell upon your guys' blogs.

June 27, 2005 at 10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home